A website is essential for attorneys who want to attract new clients. In today’s digital age, potential clients will almost always look online for an attorney before making the decision to pick up the phone and call. If an attorney does not have a website, they are likely to lose out on business. Even if an attorney has a website, it is important that the website is well-designed, user-friendly, and most importantly designed to capture leads. A poorly designed website will turn potential clients away. Law firm websites need to be professionally designed and must include relevant information about the attorney’s practice area, experience, how they can help the site visitor, and contact information.
A website is one of the most powerful tools a law firm can have. It’s a 24/7 marketing tool that can help you reach more people and grow your business exponentially. But not all websites are created equal. To be effective, your website must be well-designed and include relevant, keyword-rich content. Here are some tips for designing a website that will reach more people:
1. Make sure your website is designed for your target audience. Ensure your website is easy to navigate and contains relevant, keyword-rich content. Make sure your website is professional and includes key information about your services.
2. Once you’ve designed your website, promote it! Include the URL on your business cards, in your email signature, and on any print or online advertisements. You can also submit your website to directory listings and search engines to help potential customers find you.
3. Use social media to promote your website. Post links to new or popular content on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other social networking sites. Be sure to use relevant hashtags so potential customers can easily find you.
4. Analyze your website traffic with Google Analytics
5. Lead Magnets– A lead magnet is giving away something of value in return of getting that person’s contact information. Your website should contain several of these. Look at it this way, you can have website visitors, or you can have leads. Leads who are actively seeking services YOU provide!
6. Keywords- knowing what keywords and key phrases to use on your website is essential for SEO….you know, SEO, it stands for Search Engine Optimization which is what helps your website to be visible when someone Google’s “attorney”.
7. Site Speed- If your website is slow to load, the visitor will likely click off the site before it even finishes loading. How depressing would that be to have someone click off your site before they even could see how you can help them?
8. Means of communication- in today’s world, some people like to call, some like to text, some like to email, some like to chat. You want to make sure you offer your website visitor every avenue to contact you by catering to their preferred method of communication.
9. Ever notice how some attorney websites are overloaded with information? While it’s important to provide potential clients with an overview of your practice areas and services, bombarding them with too much information at once can be an overwhelming turn-off that has them clicking that big X at the top, right corner of your page.
10. Another mistake is using outdated website templates. These templates are often used by multiple attorneys and can give your website a generic look. Another mistake is failing to update your website content on a regular basis. This can make your website look stale and out-of-date. Additionally, many attorney websites are plagued by slow loading times, poor navigation, and irrelevant content.
There are many other reasons why attorney websites are often lousy. Many attorneys try to do everything themselves, without any help from professional designers or developers. This usually leads to a website that looks amateurish and doesn’t function properly. In addition, many attorneys don’t bother to regularly update their website, so it quickly becomes out-of-date and full of inaccurate information.
Your website should not be an afterthought. By having an effective website built on strategy, attorneys can reach a wider audience and grow their practice significantly by generating more leads.
Many attorneys think they can save money by designing their own website or hiring someone with no experience to do it for them. However, this often leads to more problems than it solves. A professional website designer will have the experience and skills necessary to create an intuitive website that is both aesthetically pleasing, easy to use, and serves it’s purpose effectively.
Most attorneys think that if they have their name and contact information listed, that’s all they need. But website design is about so much more than that. A website needs to be visually appealing, easy to navigate, and the go-to resource for people searching for answers. It should also be designed with search engine optimization in mind, so your potential clients can easily find it when they’re searching for an attorney. Unfortunately, most attorneys don’t understand this, any why should they…. they spent several years studying law, not marketing!
If you’re an attorney who wants a better website which actually captures leads, the first step is to hire a professional designer or developer who can help you create a site that looks great and functions properly. Not a website designer who just creates a pretty page, but an actual functioning lead magnet that leads to increased business for your law firm.
BDEC Marketing Group has been helping attorneys around the nation grow their law firms and we are ready to help you grow yours. We provide intuitive and interactive web design for attorneys and their law firms, social media management, and more. Give us a call, shoot us a text, send us an email…..so many different ways to communicate with us, the only one we haven’t figured out is telepathy.